Job Opportunities, Volunteer & Internships
Program & Marketing Coordinator
Supervisor: SFI Executive Director
Hours: 35 hours per week
Description of Duties:
1. Manage all phases of SFIís field course offerings, including, but not limited to: production of the annual course catalog, outreach and marketing to increase paid class attendance, manage contacts with existing and potential course instructors and related institutional partners.
2. Collaborate with the SFI Executive Director on marketing strategies for field courses and facility rentals.
3. Produce reports, on schedule, as requested, pertaining to program and marketing activities.
4. Assist Office Assistant with taking and processing all types of reservations, as needed, including answering the SFI telephone, as needed.
5. Coordinate with staff, students, instructors and institutional partners to insure smooth operation of SFI programs and rentals.
6. Share in management and update, with other staff members, of the SFI website and social media platforms.
1. Bachelorís degree in either marketing/business/management or a natural resources discipline. Four years of relevant experience may substitute for a four year degree, two years for a two year degree.
2. Proven interest and basic understanding of natural history and science.
3. Two or more years of experience as a program manager that includes experience in multi-facilitated and complex programs.
4. Intermediate level or greater experience with MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, email, basic HTML or other web design.
5. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
6. Willing and able to provide own transportation to and from Deer Creek Center (DCC) in Selma, OR and to obtain a valid Oregon Driverís License before beginning employment at SFI. Willing and able to drive to occasional meetings in Southern Oregon in own vehicle while being reimbursed at 80% of the federal mileage rate.
7. Willing and able to work occasional weekends or evenings as part of the standard work week, especially during field season.
8. Willing and able to work for extended periods of time at a desk with a computer and/or telephone, occasionally lifting objects of up to 30 pounds, occasionally walking outdoors for over uneven surfaces in inclement weather.
Desired Skills and Experience:
1. Knowledge of Klamath-Siskiyou ecology.
2. Experience writing press releases and marketing communications.
3. Experience with database and/or design/layout programs.
- Pay rate: $15-$16.50 per hour, depending on experience.
- Weekly hours worked/compensated may increase to 40 if budget allows
- Medical insurance is included, beginning after four weeks of employment
- Holiday pay: six federal holidays per year
- Vacation pay: two weeks per year.
- Sick leave accrues at three hours per two week pay period.
- This position is subject to a 90 day probationary period, during which employment may be terminated at the discretion of the SFI.
Desired start date: January 15, 2015
Send a resume and cover letter, along with three employment references and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. Pacific Time, Wednesday, December 17, 2014.
No calls please.
Non-Exempt, part-time employee
Executive Director, Siskiyou Field Institute
20 hours per week Feb-Oct, 12 hrs during Nov-Jan
Description of Duties:
1) Answer phones and emails, respond to program/reservation inquiries, and assist with other customer service tasks as needed.
2) Collaborate with program coordinators and volunteers on logistics (i.e. course registration, lodging reservations, facility rentals, event coordination), and production of promotional materials.
3) Manage member/donor/student database, coordinate mailings, develop and maintain outreach lists, coordinate other data management or correspondence.
4) Any other duties as assigned.
* Respond to customers, colleagues, and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
* Attend and report at staff meetings and perform other functions of organization as requested, occasionally outside the normal work day.
* Work cooperatively with other staff to ensure efficient and effective operations.
* Superior customer service skills and some experience in a customer service environment.
* Office experience preferred.
* Computer competency, especially in spreadsheets, databases, and word processing programs.
* Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
* Commitment to SFI's mission
Must be willing and able to: sit, talk on a telephone, work on a computer, all for extended periods of time; lift objects of up to 50 pounds; perform tasks usually associated with office work.
Compensation: salary: $11-$12/hr, DOE, vacation, sick, holiday pay.
Probationary period: This position is subject to a 60-day probationary period.
To apply: Please email a cover letter expressing your interest, a current resume, and three job references. Please do not call or text or send video. Deadline for application is Sunday, December 14, 7 p.m. P.D.T. We will contact all applicants shortly after the deadline. Our goal is to have the successful candidate begin work on Monday, January 19, 2015.
Siskiyou Field Institute & Deer Creek Center are in need of volunteers in
the following areas:
- Web Site Maintenance
- Deer Creek Center Maintenance & Landscaping
Interested in volunteering? We welcome your questions and help!