SFI Office Assistant position available, closes December 19
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Office Assistant (Selma, OR)
Non-Exempt, part-time employee
Executive Director, Siskiyou Field Institute
20 hours per week Feb-Oct, 12 hrs Nov-Jan
Description of Duties:
1) Answer phones and emails, respond to program/reservation inquiries, and assist with other customer service tasks as needed.
2) Collaborate with program coordinators and volunteers on logistics (i.e. course registration, lodging reservations, facility rentals, event coordination), and production of promotional materials.
3) Manage member/donor/student database, coordinate mailings, develop and maintain outreach lists, coordinate other data management or correspondence.
4) Any other duties as assigned.
• Respond to customers, colleagues, and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
• Attend and report at staff meetings and perform other functions of organization as requested, occasionally outside the normal work day.
• Work cooperatively with other staff to ensure efficient and effective operations.
• Superior customer service skills and some experience in a customer service environment.
• Office experience preferred.
• Computer competency, especially in spreadsheets, databases, and word processing programs.
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
• Commitment to SFI's mission
Must be willing and able to: sit, talk on a telephone, work on a computer, all for extended periods of time; lift objects of up to 50 pounds; perform tasks usually associated with office work.
Compensation: salary: $11-$12/hr, DOE, vacation, sick, holiday pay.
Probationary period: This position is subject to a 60-day probationary period.
To apply: Please email a cover letter expressing your interest, a current resume, and three job references, to email@example.com. Please do not call or text or send video. Deadline for application is Sunday, December, 14 7 p.m. P.S.T. We will contact all applicants shortly after the deadline. Our goal is to have the successful candidate start on Monday, January 19, 2014